Recommending books

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Fri Jun 21 11:47:44 EDT 2002

> And me.  Has anyone else read The Enchanted Castle?

I have read most of her books I think.  The exceptions are the Bastable
ones.  For some reason, I never got on with those.  Not too fond of the
Railway Children either; I think I found it difficult to forgive her for
writing books that weren't fantasies.

>From what I remember, my mother gave me "Five Children" when I was 9 or so.
I'm pretty sure I got The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at the same time.
I was hooked on fantasies, but for real-life type books I much preferred
books set on farms at that time.

Sallyo.