Recommending books

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Thu Jun 20 19:12:05 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 05:59:10PM +0100, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
> Hi to the new Elizabeth and Kathryn (this is appropriate, right?
> I've been more than a bit out of it lately!)

Thank you for the welcome.

> To Say Nothing of the Dog (only one I've actually recommended for a
> teenage boy - big hit)

Interesting.  Since I came upon this first as an adult, and it is
marketed to adults, I didn't think of it in relation to teens.  Mind
you, considering that my teenage nephew is happily reading David Weber,
maybe I should think again.

> Oh, and as an aside, did you hear that _The Changling Sea_ is being
> republished?  May not make a big difference in recs if you've a good
> library, but I still think it's great news!

One of the great things about the Harry Potter craze is that it's
prompted all these DWJ reprints!

Kathryn Andersen
   Dayna:  What are they?
    Vila:  THEY are the Space Rats.
   Dayna:  What are they riding?
    Vila:  Oh, I dunno. If it moves on wheels, they steal it, and
           if it doesn't move on wheels, they zap it. They don't
           like complications.
		 (Blake's 7: Stardrive [D4])