Recommending books

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Jun 20 12:59:10 EDT 2002

Hi to the new Elizabeth and Kathryn (this is appropriate, right?
I've been more than a bit out of it lately!)

There was one of these discussions back in '99, and I pulled together
a lot of the posts in the thread to send to Bodil, which is still
here.  I could post this if you'd like, Melissa, but it may be more
fun to get new recs and then see the old ones?  Whatever you'd
prefer...

Only a couple of additions to what's come up so far:

To Say Nothing of the Dog (only one I've actually recommended for a
teenage boy - big hit)

Joan Aiken's Felix books as well as the Dido ones

Patricia Wrede (were those mentioned already?  oops - well, add
Mairelon to the Dragons)

Probably no need to mention Crown and Court Duet - just not for a boy?

Oh, and as an aside, did you hear that _The Changling Sea_ is being
republished?  May not make a big difference in recs if you've a good
library, but I still think it's great news!

Hallie.