Recommending books

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Wed Jun 19 22:02:33 EDT 2002

I owe librarians an awful lot. I guess I was lucky. The children's
librarian at Princeton (New Jersey) Public Library, Dudley Carlson,
was responsible for introducing me to a disproportionate number of my
favorite authors, including DWJ, Ursula LeGuin, Penelope Farmer, and
Daniel Pinkwater. Michelle DeLorme of Northfield (Minnesota) Public
Library introduced me to a bunch more while I was at school, notably
Kenneth Lillington (I think Northfield had one of the best Lillington
collections in the country) and Robert Westall.