Recommending books

Wed Jun 19 21:28:02 EDT 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:18:48 -0700 (PDT), Rose Cordelia wrote:

> Diane Duane's _Young Wizards_ series. All the way.

What's really funny is that this series was on the same display as the Harry
Potter books.  It was the second thing I suggested, but the one they were
missing was _So You Want To Be a Wizard_, unfortunately.  I just found out
she's written more of her Romulan Star Trek books and am waiting for the
third.

By way of reference, I recommended Garth Nix, Patricia McKillip, Robin
McKinley, Diane Duane, Philip Pullman, and, uh, some others I've forgotten.

Melissa Proffitt
grateful for all the comments so far