Mahy

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Mon Jun 17 10:26:58 EDT 2002

>  > Have you read any of her picture books? I highly recommend them for the
>way
>  > she uses language.

I like them, but my favorites outside of the YA stuff are the JC
things like "The Grand Piratical Rumbustification," which has one of
my favorite fictional names (Old Crab Meat).

>Mahy is one of those interesting autyhors who has totally different styles
>for different ages. Her YA (Changeover) style is very different from her PB
>style which is very different from her JC (Junior Comedy) style. The only
>other author I know of who does this so markedly is Robin Klein.
>
>Sallyo.

How about poet John Ciardi (his kid's poetry is among my favorite)
and maybe Jane Yolen?

And thanks for the pronunciation clarification.