Aunt Maria

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Fri Jun 14 22:05:03 EDT 2002

<<  I think I found the plot at once confusing and unbelievable, and the Aunt
Maria
character was just too overdone. Hmmm. Maybe I should reread it and form
my opinion more thoroughly. >>

My problem was that the narriator seems to be under a blanket spell of
boredom for the first third of the book and Jones made it all too convincing.
It ends up affecting the reader. Of course, when Chris gets turned into a
wolf it hits you like a bucket of ice water, but it's too late by then. The
story has gotten away from you and you never feel as if you ever quite
managed to catch up to it.