Dancing the Maypole -- Nat & others

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Thu Jun 13 11:20:47 EDT 2002

At 11:05 PM +0100 6/12/02, Ania wrote:
>There is a Morris side who are bikers and dance dressed in leather and big
>boots and with metal pipes for sticks etc. And I saw a picture just recently
>of S&M Morris - leather, basques, stockings... Hysterical and satisfyingly
>irreverent.
>Ania

Near here in rural western Wisconsin is General Hardware, a border
Morris team that duct-tapes beer cans filled with metal nuts to their
shins for bells, and wears feed caps and work gloves.

S&M morris:
see http://www.whiterats.org/
And be warned... they suture their bells on...

I don't know about the biker side. I hope they have really good
insulation on those pipes, or they could do themselves some serious
repetitive-stress injury...

Nat