Oddest place you've found DWJ

Rowena Macrae-Gibson rowena.macrae-gibson at brunel.ac.uk
Thu Jun 13 04:47:13 EDT 2002

Well I spent 1991-2 doing my MA in Loughborough, and I was miserable,
although some of that was to do with the University, the course & the very
damp & cold hall I was in, and being miles away from my partner. However I
do love real ale, and Loughborough's pubs at the time were really good. The
best (although not the one where I found the ex-libris Spellcoats) was the
Swan in the Rushes, which was a real pubby pub, if you get what I mean.
Probably one of the best pubs in the world. No doubt the shopping has
improved since then. I know the course has, but I don't really remember any
second hand bookshops.
Trying desperately to get in a DWJ reference, my puffin paperbacks were the
few books that I made sure to take with me.
Ooh no, I can get in a DWJ ref. The last time I was browsing through the
children's section of our local bookshop, I saw that YotG has been
reprinted in a smaller size than my copy, ie a 'normal' size. My copy is
slightly too large for the average paperback shelf. Although it's the
second one I had to buy as some b*****d stole my first copy.

Rowena