Re Second hand Dwj

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 21:22:23 EDT 2002

Caleb wrote

<the first time i read eight days of luke was in
1999 or so, and i took it
out of the local library. it was the greenwillow
library binding edition
from ~1989, and i was the second person to EVER
take it out, the first
having taken it out in 1989. don't libraries
usually dump unpopular books? i
had a powerful desire to keep it but of course i
returned it...>

Perhaps the first reader held onto it for all
that time until the nes editions came out?

I've never found Dwj books anywhere exciting but
I did find Bujold's Mirror Dance in a second hand
bookshop in Majorca. I left it there but the
following year, in Majorca again the same copy
turned up in the hotel shop so I bought it for a
friend.

=====
Ven