Adaptations

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Wed Jun 12 15:54:22 EDT 2002

---Original Message From: Ian W. Riddell

> Mark is generally supportive of my reading habit, but not so
> supportive
> (ahem!) of my habit of actually buying and keeping books that
> I read (as
> opposed to using the library more or trading them in). He
> just doesn't
> understand the need to hang on to them so that on that day I
> wake up at 3am
> and just HAVE to read "The Tombs of Atuan" or "To Kill a
> Mockingbird" I'll
> have them handy :-)

Does he buy videos or DVDs?  It's sometimes useful to relate it to
something they *do* understand.  Why buy the DVD when you can rent it
any time you want to?  This is particularly effective if you can rent
videos and DVDs from your library like we can.

Jacob Proffitt