(OT) Re: Antonia Forest

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Jun 12 15:21:11 EDT 2002

Robyn said (re the Girlsown list)...

> I don't want to get into a big discussion about this here, but I will
> say that although there are people on the list who make a big deal about
> it being friendly and flame-free, they have absolutely no qualms about
> sending personal abuse in off-list emails (not just to me). This veneer
> of niceness was one of the things that caused me to leave the list. I
> have never experienced anything like that on DWJ (even if I disagreed
> with people).

Ah.  I guess I've been lucky then; the only time I experienced any
unpleasantness on that list, it was extremely brief and happened on-list
(and I got off-list e-mails of support!).  So...<shrugs>...take yer pick,
folks.  Bad things happened to one listmember, good things happened to
another.  Luck of the draw, or something.  But I must say I'm sorry you had
such an experience, Robyn, and it's a shame you felt you had to leave.  I'm
glad you're still *here*, anyway!

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.