Alexlit

rohina at shaw.ca rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 12 13:34:33 EDT 2002

 > I would like to support them financially, but I'm really reluctant
> to buy a
> story that Hypatia doesn't think I'll like very much.  :)  But I
> do hope
> they continue to be successful.  I loved that site so much and
> spent so much
> time entering titles and authors...that was another one I stumbled
> across in
> its early days.

Did they ever add a rating that let you say something along the lines of
"I'd rather pull out my fingernails than read this book?" There are a
couple of things I couldn't read because I hated them so much when I
tried, but they kept recommending Tolkein to me.

> Maybe I'll add my list of "Books I wouldn't have found without
> Alexlit" to
> Nat's.  :)

Alexlit actually nagged me into trying Bujold, because that was the only
thing besides Tolkein and Sandman that it kept recommending that I
hadn't read.

Robyn