Introductions

Tarja Rainio tarja.rainio at welho.com
Wed Jun 12 13:19:55 EDT 2002

on 12.6.2002 11:16, Maaria Salo at maaria.salo at hut.fi wrote:

> First DWJ: Charmed life around 1983, then after a couple of years Fire and
> Hemlock and Archer's Goon (all in Finnish (they used to be the only ones
> translated, now also the Dark Lord of Derkholm is, thanks to Tarja
> somehow, I think)).

Yes, a friend of mine works at the children's lit department of WSOY (the
publisher of the translations) and asked for recommendations of good
children's/YA fantasy. Another of my (approved) suggestions was the
translation of Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles.

Good to see another Finn on the list (I think there are now at least three
of us here).

Tarja