Introductions

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Wed Jun 12 10:20:52 EDT 2002

Oops, I meant to send my post just to Widdy. Outhouse seems to have decided
that messages from me are junkmail (possibly wisely) so I didn't see it had
gone to the whole list before, sorry about that.
Which term? Unitarian, Unitarian Universalist, or the bit in brackets? U and
UU are liberal religions, (Unitarians in America merged with Universalists,
but they are still very similar) the brackety bit was just me trying to
clarify my position- Unitarianism is a religion without a creed, which
encourages people to work out for themselves what they believe, so there are
people who feel most inspired by Christianity, Paganism, Buddhism etc etc
within it. Like a lot of the younger Unitarians in the UK, I'm quite
godless.
(Unitarianism grew out of Christianity originally- we descend from 17th
century Dissenters, [who didn't believe in the Trinity, hence the name] who
would probably be surprised at a modern service!)
http://www.unitarian.org.uk or http://uua.org if you're confused by my
summary!
Jennifer