Recent Reads

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Wed Jun 12 10:12:08 EDT 2002

House of Many Shadows and Walker in Shadows, (both Barbara Michaels), G is
for Gumshoe, (Sue - Um - Kinsey Millhone series, anyhow.) "So You're Having
a Puppy" (non-f).

Went to the lib. sale the other day and got - Fay Weldon's "Little Sisters",
Louisa Alcott's "The Chase", Mead's "Coming of Age in Samoa", Nesfield's
"Outline of English Grammar", a book called "Diana the Huntress", (a
Regency - Clare Somebody...) Coombs' "Literature and Criticism" and three
Stephen Lister novels - those are for my sister. Recent New books include
"The Mouldering of Miss Haversham" and "Shifters" (4 novellas about
shapeshifters).

I feel a need to reread DS and F&H too - but I've got a book to *write* so
I'm leaving them shelved - for now.

Sallyo.

"The black tide came sweeping in like barbarian hordes, or ravening fans at
a concert benefit. "