2nd hand DWJ

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Jun 11 16:19:39 EDT 2002

Chris said...

> Is it a general trend, that 2nd hand bookshops aren't
> much on children's books? I've found several that are
> great for adult sf but none with much children's
> stuff.

I wonder that myself.  I know two second-hand bookshops in Dublin that stock
kiddy-lit (and raid them both regularly), but most of them don't seem to.  I
found one antiquarian place at the weekend that had a couple of old girls'
annuals - but at EUR60 a pop, I passed!

> (I'm not counting the old cloth-bound books at
> collector's prices - I'd pay collectors prices for
> Chalet School, if I could find any, but not flippin'
> Angela Brazil)

Ditto, on both counts! (woo, another Chalet School fan!)  I asked the guy in
the afore-mentioned shop if he stocked old girls' school stories, and he
pointed me to have a shelf of Victorian novels - "Westward Ho!" and such.
Not quite what I had in mind...

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.