2nd hand DWJ (was: Re: Oddest place you've found DWJ)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 23:34:57 EDT 2002

--- Emma Comerford <s369161 at student.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> Rowena:
>
> >> I've spent many hours browsing in second hand
> >> bookshops, but I've never
> >> found a DWJ.
> I've been remarkably lucky with DWJ over the years,
> although I think only
> twice have I bought her books from proper
> second-hand bookstores. ...  Many others have come
from ex-library

My first DWJ was a second hand spellcoats, I'd had it
recommended several years earlier, and had been on the
lookout for it. It is the only second hand one I have,
however my "8 days of luke" is ex-library - but as I
wrote it off myself its not actually second hand. This
was not actually an attempt to illicitly aquire a
copy. The library burnt down and all surviving books
were written off. 8dol just happened to be one of the
few survivors and as we had plenty of money for
replacements there was no need to put a rather tatty
copy back on the shelves. Perhaps this also qualifies
as an odd place to find one, however it didn't
actually survive the flames - it was on loan at the
time of the fire and was one of only two or three
books that were returned afterwards.

Jon Noble

“He saw large, dark, intense eyes in a pleasant round
face framed by severely pinned and braided black hair.
Her tunic was the rather pale shade of violet
prescribed by the Regional Overliber ...and that her
gunbelt was severely functional. Typical new-blade
career librarian he decided.”

Sean McMullen "Souls in the great machine"