Introductions

Daphne Lee daphne at thestar.com.my
Mon Jun 10 21:34:52 EDT 2002

Name: Daphne Lee Mei Lin

Occupation: Entertainment journalist

Age: 35

Married: yes

Children: 5, a boy called Elesh

I live: in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's capital city

How I discovered the list: Searched Yahoo Groups for a DWJ mailing list

Favorite DWJ novels: Time Of The Ghost, Howl's Moving Castle, Fire & Hemlock

First DWJ novel: Time Of The Ghost

Favorite authors (besides DWJ): Elizabeth Bowen, AS Byatt, Elizabeth David, Antonia Forest, Oliver Sacks, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Evelyn Waugh, Lisa St Aubin de Teran (and many, many more)

Current reading: "The Brideshead Generation" by Humphrey Carpenter, "Bacchus & Me" by Jay McInnerny and the new Elizabeth George (title escapes me at present).

Number of books owned: About 6 thousand on last count

Non-reading hobbies: singing (I have a band), movies, writing, making collages (real and virtual)