Antonia Forest

rohina at shaw.ca rohina at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 10 21:39:51 EDT 2002

> OT: does anyone know anything about Antonia Forest? I
> heard a rumour she was still alive (must be getting
> pretty old, considering Autumn Term was published
> 1947) and working on another Marlows book. 20 years -
> and counting - writing a book has to be some kind of
> record... Jean Auel move over.

There is someone on the girlsown list who knows her personally, and
occasionally has lunch with her and would post updates to the list.
Everyone is hanging out for the book, and apparently AF is really
surprised that people feel like this. I get the impression she doesn't
really see writing the book as one of her top priorities. The rumour is
that the book starts at home, but is mostly set at the school.

I have issues with the girlsown list, but if you want to discuss AF, I
am up for it (perhaps off list).

Robyn