2nd hand DWJ (was: Re: Oddest place you've found DWJ)

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon Jun 10 18:16:28 EDT 2002

---Original Message From: Chris R
> > I've spent many hours browsing in second hand
> > bookshops, but I've never
> > found a DWJ.
>
> Once - ONCE - I have. On holiday up north I was in
> this little hole of a 2nd-hand bookshop in a
> supermarket-carpark concrete jungle, and on the one shelf of
> kids books was Fire and Hemlock. Didn't buy it because had
> just bought the HarperCollins new. On holiday the next year -
> it was still there! Thought many rude things about the poor
> taste of people who live in Whangarei.

How about the poor taste of a 2nd-hand bookshop that buries itself in a
little hole in a supermarket-carpark concrete jungle?  I'm thinking the
reason Fire and Hemlock is still there is that nobody knows about that
shop.  In bookstores, location is everything.

Jacob Proffitt