Tasty bits

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon Jun 10 17:18:16 EDT 2002

Elizabeth said...

> The orchestra rehearsal in Archer's Goon. Practically anything in Archer's
> Goon, actually.

Oh yes!  I forgot that one.  I used to be *in* an orchestra like that!
Except we had less variety of instruments, so it was the lone french horn
beating the (four) cellos into second place, while the (twenty-odd) violins
were all over the place and the single trumpet never played a note.  We
didn't have any woodwind or percussion.  I, for those who may care, was one
of the cellos.  I think my brother was the trumpet.  And our conductor
really did bleat.  We read that scene in "Archer's Goon" and wondered when
DWJ had had a chance to hear the North Dublin Youth Orchestra! :-)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.