Cart & Cwidder cuts

Rowena Macrae-Gibson rowena.macrae-gibson at brunel.ac.uk
Mon Jun 10 06:43:12 EDT 2002

Christian,

I've never seen any of the US editions. Was this one issued as part of a
Dalemark set, or was it published as a standalone?
I don't think I've got access to a scanner, and I really don't feel like
typing the whole lot up, but I can certainly photocopy pages for someone
else to scan. I'm not sure about the copyright, though.
I'll try and bring my copies into work tomorrow (I don't have email at
home). I'm pretty sure that the cut is just one passage, about 2 pages of
my old Puffin copy, but if I'll compare the 2 versions I've got to see if
there's anything else. I don't think it's as bad as the reedited Ogre,
though.

Rowena
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:23:15 +0000 christian nutt
<ferricide at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Rowena Macrae-Gibson
> >
> >If I've got time I'll dig out the missing passage, but from memory it
> >contains the declaration that the Northern Earls signed, which Clennan made
> >his children learn off by heart, that starts 'what goes on in a man's head'
>
> that does not sound the least bit familiar, and i reread the whole dalemark
> series a month or two ago. oh dear.
>
> i'm reading out of the mid-90s US PB editions. looks like this:
>
> http://www.suberic.net/dwj/pix/covers/cart_and_cwidder_thumb.jpg
>
> christian

Rowena Macrae-Gibson