Oddest place you've found DWJ

Rowena Macrae-Gibson rowena.macrae-gibson at brunel.ac.uk
Mon Jun 10 05:17:35 EDT 2002

Just following on from my rant on the Cart & Cwidder cuts, really.
What's the oddest place anyone has found a copy of a DWJ book?

I imagine that I'm not the only one on this list who scans books wherever I
see them. (Lots of green may signify Penguin Crime). Lots of pubs in the UK
have books as decoration. These are quite often things that have been
thrown away from elsewhere, but they can be fun to look through. (Yes we
Librarians do throw books away if they don't sell or are very out of date,
oddly it can be quite a nice feeling but I digress)

I spent the most miserable year of my life in Loughborough, a place only
redeemed by its pubs. But oh the joy to find a copy of Spellcoats amongst
the books decorating one of the pubs! It wasn't available in paperback at
the time, and I had only ever been able to read the library copy as child.
My boyf couldn't understand why my face lit up with excitement at finding
it again after several years.

I've spent many hours browsing in second hand bookshops, but I've never
found a DWJ.

Rowena
Rowena Macrae-Gibson