predatory cities (Was Re: recommended authors

Kale kaledann at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 8 06:49:06 EDT 2002

--- Caleb Woodbridge <scwoody423 at yahoo.com> wrote:

*snip*

> sounds good. Predatory cities? Hmm. I've got this
> idea
> for living cities for
> one of my stories, so I hope it's not another idea
> be put in the "Been
> Done" list. Sometimes, though, I find a book with an
> idea I like and it's
> very nice to have the book to read rather than
> writing
> it yourself, if you
> follow me.

Caleb, if you're reading Sandman and need a breather,
I recommend Fables and Reflections, Worlds' End, and
Dream Country, which feature short stories rather than
being part of the storyline proper.  There is a story
in Worlds' End about living cities.

I also vaguely recall a story about living cities
laying eggs, but I don't know where I read that.  Now
that I think of it, could it have been a Discworld
novel?  It involved--I forget what you call them--the
glass balls with the little scene inside and white
stuff that swirls like snow when you shake it.

Kale