Adaptations

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 18:16:28 EDT 2002

u Yahoo!?
--- Kale <kaledann at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ObDWJ: Until the animated HMC comes out, the only
> DWJ
> book that was adapted, AFAIK, was Archer's Goon.
> Did
> anyone see the TV series before they read the book?
> What was your opinion?  And how about vice versa?
> Was
> the book or the TV series better, or were they both
> good?  I confess I'd like to watch it myself, if
> there's a copy making the rounds in the U.S.  (I
> wonder if writing to BBC would do any good.)

In my case I stumbled across the TV series when the
second episode was on, my kids had the TV on and after
a couple of minutes I worked out what I was watching.
I think it was the enthusiasm for it that got my kids
reading the books. I enjoyed the TV series but it
wasn't as good as the book. I'm not a great TV person
the last TV drama I made a point of catching every
episode of was "Babylon 5", and I keep forgetting to
set a tape for "The avengers" which is being
occasionally broadcast at 2AM.

Jon Noble