OT Horses

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Fri Jun 7 11:45:13 EDT 2002

Yvonne said:  I ride my first dressage test in two weeks!
> > Yvonne

And Michelle replied:  Good luck with the dressage test - I did
hopelessly in my first one, was so nervous!
> Michelle

And I add my good wishes as well as the story of one of my first dressage
tests.  My horse had done beautifully at home and even warmed up well at
the show.  But as soon as he got into the arena for the test, he tensed
up and then I tensed up and, well, it was very ugly:  He cantered a
little, teeny, almost in place, tea-cup canter the whole entire test, and
I couldn't get him to stop!!!  I came out of the arena quite disgusted
and he immediately settled (of course), and a VERY nice lady said
encouragingly, "you had some lovely canter transitions."  "Oh, thank
you," I said, "but it was a WALK-TROT TEST!!!!"

We've both gotten better since then.

Jackie S.