Horses

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Jun 7 07:28:10 EDT 2002

Yvonne wrote:

> (Why aren't there more grown-up horse books?)

I knew I would forget a favourite author!  Claudia J Edwards.  Well, I think of
her books as horse books, anyway, but I've never read any other horse books
(except Mary Stewart's "Airs above the Ground")...  Anyway, if you like DWJ and
horse books, you'll like these.  I hope.

My name, Philip, means "likes horses".  And I don't!  I don't get along well
with any sort of animals except cats, unfortunately.  But I approve of horses,
and respect those who do get on with them.

> Other hobbies: Happiness is spending your whole life reading horse books
> and finally actually owning one. I ride my first dressage test in two
> weeks!

I thought for a second or two you meant owning a horse book ;-)

Best of Luck!

(I almost wrote "Best of British Luck"...)

Further to my comments on Simak and his centaur polo match, let's have centaur
dressage, centaur showjumping and centaur cross-country races in fantasy!
Centaur dressage must of course be extended to partner dancing as well...

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Powergen UK plc Registered Office: City Point 1, Ropemaker Street , London EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970