OT Horses

Michelle Thomas michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Fri Jun 7 05:16:47 EDT 2002

On 7/6/02 10:12 am, "yvonne" <yvonneh at comcen.com.au> wrote:

> Favorite authors: Guy Gavriel Kay, DWJ, Connie Willis, Lois McMaster
> Bujold, Robin McKinley, Garth Nix (Librarians with swords!), Sean
> Williams, the Pullein-Thompson sisters. (Why aren't there more grown-up
> horse books?)
>
> Number of books owned: I don't know, but we had to extend the house to
> fit in more bookcases 8-)
>
> Recent reads: The Novice by Trudi Canavan; Cleave by Nicki Gemmell, The
> Stone Mage and The Sea by Sean Williams (and book two, but the title
> escapes me.)
>
> Other hobbies: Happiness is spending your whole life reading horse books
> and finally actually owning one. I ride my first dressage test in two
> weeks!
>
> Yvonne
>
> --

Hi Yvonne

Have you read Horse Heaven by Jane Smiley?  Though mainly set in the world
of racing, I loved it, and fell in love with a horse called Justa Bob.  Good
luck with the dressage test - I did hopelessly in my first one, was so
nervous!  Nice to meet other horsey listers!  Wish I could ride more, but so
expensive in London...

Michelle