Introductions

Robert Baker-Self Robert at bloodandhonour.nildram.co.uk
Fri Jun 7 10:09:26 EDT 2002

[Periodic De-Lurk]

Name: Robert Baker-Self

Occupation: Software Engineer. OK, Computer Programmer.

Age:27

Spouses/children: Neither.

I live in: Reading, Berks.

How I discovered the list: I have absolutely no idea. Um...website? REC.ARTS.BOOKS.CHILDREN? One of the two.

Favorite DWJ novel: Hmm. Pick one of {Lives of Christopher Chant, A Tale of Time City, Power of Three, Cart and Cwidder, Archers Goon}
First DWJ novel: The Ogre Downstairs. Bought for me when I was about 6.
Favorite authors (besides DWJ): Orson Scott Card, George RR Martin, Melissa Scott, Ian Rankin, Jim Crais, China Mieville, Philip Pullman.

Number of books owned: Probably only 1000 all told. Difficult to say because they keep moving.

Favorite music: Folky stuff(Fairport Convention, Men They Couldn't Hang, Oysterband). Singer Songwritery stuff (Bruce Cockburn, Aimee Mann, Richard Thompson). Electronic Beepy Music (VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk). Shouty stuff (NMA). Classical stuff (Prokofiev, Arnold, Dvorak)

Non-reading hobbies: Playing Cricket. Swimming. Watching videos (Dr Who. Sharpe. Babylon 5. Blakes 7. Morse. Buffy.)

Regards

Robert

[Re-Lurk]

Robert at bloodandhonour.nildram.co.uk