recommended authors

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 17:54:01 EDT 2002

--- Michelle Thomas
<michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk> wrote:
> Has anyone else read Artemis Fowl and what did they
> think?  I was reminded
> of it yesterday as I was in Waterstones and the next
> book in the series is
> everywhere.
>
> Michelle

I enjoyed it, not a great book by any means but fun,
your message prompted me to add the new one to my
Birthday list I've just written for my wife. I
recommend it (along with DWJ and terry Pratchett) to
the kids at school who are after something to read
after HP. The rest of my list is the volumes of
Tolkiens history of middle earth I'm missing,
Robinson's "years of rice and salt", Banks "Look to
windward", Gaiman's "American gods" (again from this
list) and the 3rd book in Tom harlan's alternate roman
empire series. (along with a book on aircraft and a
book on ships - my other passions - but I know she
won't get me those).

Jon Noble