No subject

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 16:18:55 EDT 2002

Name:  Jenwa Hsung

Occupation: science textbook editor

Age: 23 (24 by the end of the month)

Married: nope.

Children: nope.

I live in: Somerville, MA

How I discovered the list: A high-school era friend of
mine (Jessie Shelton) from Minnesota found the list,
told me about it, and eventually stopped subscribing.
But I’m still here.  :)

Favorite DWJ novel: Probably Homeward Bounders or Fire
and Hemlock.  In other moods maybe Deep Secret, Howl’s
Moving Castle, the Lives of Christopher Chant, Charmed
Life, or Archer’s Goon.

First DWJ novel: Witch Week.  But Charmed Life was
really the one that started the obsession.

Favorite authors (besides DWJ): Neil Gaiman, Connie
Willis, Emma Bull, Terry Moore, among others.  Random
sampling of others very high up there: Jonathan
Carroll, Steven Brust, Lois McMaster Bujold, Georgette
Heyer, Dorothy Sayers, Jostein Gaarder.

Number of books owned: I have no real idea.  I am
always meaning to catalogue them, but of course I
haven’t yet.  Probably a couple thousand?

Non-reading hobbies: music (of many types -- I sing
classically, I filk, I listen to lots of music from
classical to folk to loud angry rock), role-playing
games (both tabletop and live-action -- I’m currently
writing a live-action game based on the movie
Casablanca), dancing (off and on), movie-watching
(incl. some anime -- I especially like Miyazaki).

Favorite musician/group: I think this is impossible.
U2, Dar Williams, Tori Amos, The Replacements, The
Flash Girls, Mazer Rackham.  Also quite fond of The
Detroit Cobras, Freedy Johnston, Eddie From Ohio,
Cake, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Ghost
of an American Airman, James, The Pixies, Patti Smith,
Janis Joplin, Joan Jett, Sixteen Horsepower, Boiled in
Lead, Pink Floyd, Live, R.E.M., 10,000 Maniacs (and
Natalie Merchant), Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Nine Inch
Nails, Dead Can Dance, Loreena McKennitt, Garnet
Rogers, Moxy Fruvous, Smashing Pumpkins, Ani DiFranco,
the Magnetic Fields... I could keep going, these tend
to vary over time.  I’m also a great fan of the Boston
Symphony Orchestra.

Reading right now: Barrelling through Laurell K.
Hamilton’s Anita Blake novels -- in the middle of The
Killing Dance (no. 6).  Also slowly working through
everything by Elizabeth Peters.  Re-reading some of my
favorite of Georgette Heyer’s.  Best non-fluff I’ve
read recently was definitely Land of Laughs by
Jonathan Carroll.  Before that was the His Dark
Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, and before that
Sabriel by Garth Nix.

Listening to: just picked up Black Rebel Motocycle
Club by B.M.R.C.

Favorite movies of within ~ the last year: Gosford
Park, Memento, LOTR:FOTR, Moulin Rouge, The Royal
Tenenbaums, Amelie