Introductions

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Thu Jun 6 16:16:29 EDT 2002

Here goes:

Name: Tarja Rainio

Occupation: Eternal student - I'm hoping to finish my thesis someday. Sf
fan.

Age: 32

Single (hope to change someday) and no children (don't want any)

I live in: Helsinki, Finland

How I discovered the list:  Just like Melissa, I had mailed Deborah about
Chrestomanci Castle and she mailed me when she was starting this list. I
have unsubscribed for brief periods, but all in all I have stayed on the
DWJ-list list longer than on any other list.

Favorite DWJ novel: Hexwood and Charmed Life, to just name a few =)

First DWJ novel: Charmed Life

Favorite authors: DWJ, Connie Willis, Lois McMaster Bujold, Patricia
McKillip, Robin McKinley, Dorothy Sayers, Sean Stewart, Georgette Heyer,
P.C. Hodgell, Tolkien, Patricia C. Wrede and numerous others.

Number of books owned: 1534 (I checked my computer catalogue).

Recent reads: The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford, and I will soon be
starting Love in a Cold Climate. Lots of short stories from Fictionwise.com.
Strangers in Paradise graphic albums (I *really* liked these!). I also
discovered Bone some time ago through the library (and this list's
recommendations) - also very good.

Other hobbies: I'm somewhat active in Finnish sf fandom (write the
occasional article, etc). Buffy the Vampire slayer, local tv has shown it
only till the end of Season 3, but I have bought British videos and a friend
of mine lived in the US for a years, so that I have actually seens it until
the middle of Season 6 and read episode descriptions of the rest on the net.
Can't wait to read what they do with S7 and Spike and <spoiler stuff> ;-).

Tarja