Introductions

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Jun 6 14:20:54 EDT 2002

Here here to Kyla's reply immediately plan, especially since I'm totally
lurking right now and have no idea when I will ever write a contentful
message again.  So I should really assert my continued existence _every_
once in a while.

> Name: Kyra Jucovy
>
> Occupation: Student (Linguistics and English major)
>
> Age: 20
>
> Married: No.
>
> Children: No.
>
> I live in: That's NOT easy for a college student to answer.  Right now,
I am in Edinburgh, UK, but I'll be spending the summer in Great Neck, NY
(my hometown) and next year will be back at college in Swarthmore, PA.

> How I discovered the list: I've known about the Chrestomanci Castle site
since I first discovered the Web, back in. . . 1997 or so.  And I checked
it occasionally.  And eventually there was a list.  And it was cool, but I
just read the archives without actually joining.  They weren't updated
for a year, and then they got updated.  Right before finals, too!  It
was pure evil, but. . . And then I told Kyla about it, and she decided to
join, so I figured that if she was joining, I should too.

> Favorite DWJ novel: _Fire and Hemlock_ is starting to take over my
brain, rather to my alarm.  I mean, I still love _Archer's Goon_, but I'm
reading _The Golden Bough_ right now as a sort of appendage to a class,
and every single time I put the book down, I feel the need to read some of
_Fire and Hemlock_.  Which means I'm rereading it at least once a day
these days.

> First DWJ novel: _Dogsbody_.  _The Lives of Christopher Chant_ was my
second and was the one that actually got me into DWJ.

> Favorite authors (besides DWJ): Dave Duncan, Thomas Mann, Philip
K. Dick, Ted Sturgeon (a new one, if anyone's keeping track).

> Number of books owned: No idea whatsoever.  All I know is that the rate
of increase of the number, whatever it is, is far too high for a student
with no money and no time ;-).

> Favorite musician/group: Pulp.  To whose concert I am going a week from
tomorrow.  I am a happy puppy.

> Non-reading hobbies: watching anime, listening to music, writing,
watching Britcoms, playing console RPGs, folk dancing, swinging.

					---Kyra

---
Hamlet: "You would play upon me; you would seem to know my stops; you
would pluck out the heart of my mystery; you would sound me from my lowest
note to the top of my compass: and there is much music, excellent voice,
in this little organ; yet cannot you make it speak.  'Sblood, do you think
I am easier to be played upon than a pipe?  Call me what instrument you
will, though you can fret me, you can never play upon me."
			---umm. . . guess.