Introductions

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Thu Jun 6 12:39:33 EDT 2002

Well, since I suggested it, I suppose I'd better join in...

Name: Philip Belben

Occupation: Electrical Engineer during the week, Church Organist at weekends.
My day job is with a large power company, but I'd like to move to a renewable
energy developer...

Age: 35

Married: I wish.

Children: None.

I live in: Coalville.  No, not Coalville, Utah (Jacob and Melissa will be
relieved) but Coalville, Leicestershire, England.

How I discovered the list:  My brother asked me if I'd joined it yet.  (He
unsubscribed before I joined - he thought the traffic was too heavy.)

Favorite DWJ novel: Since we've just had this discussion, I'll merely say Sudden
Wild Magic, but used to be Power of Three.

First DWJ novel: Dogsbody

Favorite authors: DWJ, Georgette Heyer, Alan Dean Foster, Mary Stewart, Tanith
Lee, Julian May.  I'm also starting to get into Charles de Lint, Lois McMaster
Bujold, Patricia McKillip, Patricia C Wrede, Connie Willis.  Also like (but
cannot really class as favourites) Clifford Simak, Iain M Banks, Norah Lofts,
Jack Chalker, Nicholas Monsarrat, ...

Number of books owned: Lost count ages ago.  My fiction occupies about 40 feet
of shelf space at 150% full (i.e. about half as many second row, flat on top
etc. as properly shelved) plus at least three overflow boxes.  My non-fiction is
similar, except that more of it is in boxes.  I don't consciously set out to
collect books, I just buy interesting volumes from car boot sales (flea
markets), charity shops (thrift stores), secondhand bookshops, and anywhere else
I see them.

Hobbies apart from reading:  I write music.  I play piano and bassoon and am
trying to learn the whistle (flageolet).  I ought to be learning the organ, but
it's too much effort ;-)  I also collect old computers.  These take up far more
space than I can justify from the amount of use I get from them, but at the
moment I don't have anyone to whom I need to justify it...

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Powergen UK plc Registered Office: City Point 1, Ropemaker Street , London EC2Y 9HT
Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970