Introductions

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 6 09:45:34 EDT 2002

Name: Irina Rempt

Occupation: Trying to finish a novel, Also full-time mother, part-time
web designer and all-the-time church volunteer.

Age: 44

Married: Yes, almost 9 years, very happily.

Children: Three daughters, 8 and two instances of 6, all of them bright
and voracious readers.

I live in: Deventer, Netherlands, near the most beautiful river in the
country (the IJssel).

How I discovered the list: Don't remember!

Favorite DWJ novel: Hmm. First I think of: Fire and Hemlock, what comes
to mind if I tthink further: Deep Secret. Also Year of the Griffin,
though I like the first two-thirds much better than the final third.

First DWJ novel: Either _The Spellcoats_ or _Cart and Cwidder_; I bought
translations of both for one guilder each when I was about eleven.

Favourite authors: DWJ (duh), Dorothy Sayers, Caroline Stevermer.

Reading right now: _Little, Big_ (very slowly, in fits and starts) and
_The Interior Life_ (yet again). The "junior information" booklets the
kids bring home, about all kinds of subjects I wouldn't ordinarily read
about, such as "Parchment" and "Taxes".

Number of books owned: About eight thousand in joint ownership. I think
about two thousand are truly mine, approximately the same number truly
my husband's, the rest we bought together. (The kids have about a
hundred between them, not counting the all-family children's books)

Hobbies outside of reading: Apart from trying to finish the novel?
I make time for folk-dancing and sing alto in the church choir. Music -
not actively at the moment apart from singing, but I used to play
recorder and crumhorn and percussion in an early-dance band; I'm
mediocre at wind instruments and quite good at percussion. Cooking - I
bake my own bread. Translating things (which I've also done for money,
but it's all for love these days).

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.          http://www.valdyas.org/irina