Adaptations

Chris R sfa_ok2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 22:51:44 EDT 2002

 --- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote: >
>--I have no memory of first reading
> the books; I'm told it was
> when I was 8, but that seems a little unlikely;
Not impossibly so. I started reading it when I was 7 -
v. proud of ability to read Chapter Books, LOTR was
the biggest Chapter Book in the house - and managed OK
until I got to the Black Riders, had a fit of the
screaming heebiejeebies and Mum made me put it down
for a few years.
>So
> emotionally I'm still connecting on the adventuring
> level.
Wow. That just cleared up for me why I like the movie
better. The action is speeded up, and that pulls the
strings left over from connecting on the adventuring
level when I was a kid. That's what I like about this
list. People express things really well that I only
thought about subconsciously, if at all.
Chris
(Who still breaks out in a cold sweat when she sees
guys in black clothes on horses.)