Re The Horror! The Horror!

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 21:40:45 EDT 2002

Ania wrote (of HDM film)

Maybe it won't be truly dire, seeing as it's not
only Stoppard but also the people who filmed
LOTR.

Not only was I really impressed with LOTR but the
Stoppard scripted Shakespeare in Love is also one
of my favourite films. That said I always regard
films of books with deep suspicion. Film seems a
much more restricted medium. The only film I have
ever seen that approached the complexity of the
average size novel was the second Heimat -- at 26
hours long.

=====
Ven