Introductions

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Wed Jun 5 17:52:56 EDT 2002

---Original Message From: Melissa Proffitt
> There's another list I'm on that used to have brief yearly
> introductions, to get to know each other and new members.  I
> think it's a good idea, so I'm going to start.  Don't worry
> about copying my format if you don't like it, because I'm not
> sure what I'm going to say anyway.  (And I know we already
> went through the "favorite DWJ novel" thing so you can ignore
> that too)

I'll bite, and not just out of spousal duty :).

Name: Jacob Proffitt

Occupation: Programmer.  Also father, church group men's leader,
blogger, entrepreneur, wanna-be IT Director, and professional amateur

Age: 33 and determined to keep a stiff upper lip

Married: Er, duh.

Children: four.  Same four as Melissa . . .

I live in: Utah, too.  Also unfortunately.  Would rather live in
England, Germany, or Washington State--just can't find jobs there . . .

How I discovered the list: Melissa told me about it and it sounded fun.

Favorite DWJ novel: Homeward Bounders, though it's a close call.

First DWJ novel: I'm pretty sure it was Archer's Goon.

Favorite authors: DWJ, Terry Pratchett, Connie Willis, Lois McMaster
Bujold, Steven Brust, Joel Rosenburg's D'Shai novels, Anne Bishop,
Laurell K. Hamilton until last book.

Number of books owned: 0 (they're all Melissa's apparently :)

Jacob Proffitt