recommended authors

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 17:08:26 EDT 2002

"Obernewton" didn't impress me enough to try anything
else, although as a high school librarian I probably
should. Her books are quite popular here, and my
daughter loves her and has nearly all of them.
"Obernewton" was, I think, Oz children's book of the
year when it came out, and one of her others ("
gathering" I think) has been a set text for our HSC
(final school exam). Has anyone read Philip Reeve's
"Mortal engines", I just read this and loved it but
found it has a very dark ending for a children/young
adult book.

Jon Noble

 I have to say