recommended authors

rohina at shaw.ca rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 5 11:07:16 EDT 2002

> I agree, completly.  I read Obernewtyn, and found the premise and
> the
> beginning of the book to be trite and rather hideous (I read it
> just this
> year), but once I got further into the book both the
> characterization and
> writing style made up for both the beginning and the still rather
> cliche
> overall plot.

Talk about damning with faint praise. I have to say Rebecca and Emma's
recommendations have done anything but inspire me to have another look
at Carmody's books - I did try once, and found them unreadable. I found
her writing style very irritating; I hate it when you feel like the
writer is waving flags to get your attention on the way they write in
every sentence.

Robyn