recommended authors

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Wed Jun 5 09:20:42 EDT 2002

I agree, completly.  I read Obernewtyn, and found the premise and the
beginning of the book to be trite and rather hideous (I read it just this
year), but once I got further into the book both the characterization and
writing style made up for both the beginning and the still rather cliche
overall plot.  I am starting Farseekers, which I am told continues the
writing style and characterization and glosses over the
nuclear-Holocaust-in-which-almost-everyone-dies-and-there-are-only-a-few-pe
ople-left-who-are-developing-mysterious-magical-powers-for-which-they-are-p
ersecuted thing.
I would recommend the Obernewtyn chronicles, while not on the top of my
list, they're definetly worth a read.
RDG

--On Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:51 AM +1000 Emma Comerford