The horror! The horror!

Michelle Thomas michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 05:03:31 EDT 2002

I think if anyone will spend the time and money on HDM that it deserves its
New Line - they managed to pull off LOTR, which is pretty amazing.  Miramax,
who originally had the rights to LOTR, wanted to film it as a two-parter.

Films just can't be as good as books.

Michelle

 On 5/6/02 1:08 am, "Ania" <theania at freeuk.com> wrote:

> Maybe it won't be truly dire, seeing as it's not only Stoppard but also the
> people who filmed LOTR. But I remember thinking when I first read HDM that
> it should never be filmed, because it would be bound to be inferior, if not
> dreadful. The Name of the Rose is a great film, but the book is so
> immeasurably superior! And, having in this case read the book first, I was
> irked by the hollywoodization (this looks weird) of the plot and all that
> was missed out, not to mention serious tampering with the plot. I fear the
> same is bound to happen with HDM.
> Ania

Michelle Thomas
Account Handler
The Creative Partnership
michellet at thecreativepartnership.co.uk
www.thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7439 7762
Fax: +44 (0)20 7494 1587
Mobile: +44 (0)7968 275173

authorised to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged
postmaster at thecreativepartnership.co.uk immediately and then delete this
email from your system. Any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The
Creative Partnership. The Creative Partnership has taken every reasonable
precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for
viruses. However, The Creative Partnership cannot accept liability for any
damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you
carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.