The horror! The horror!

Ania theania at freeuk.com
Tue Jun 4 20:08:35 EDT 2002

Maybe it won't be truly dire, seeing as it's not only Stoppard but also the
people who filmed LOTR. But I remember thinking when I first read HDM that
it should never be filmed, because it would be bound to be inferior, if not
dreadful. The Name of the Rose is a great film, but the book is so
immeasurably superior! And, having in this case read the book first, I was
irked by the hollywoodization (this looks weird) of the plot and all that
was missed out, not to mention serious tampering with the plot. I fear the
same is bound to happen with HDM.
Ania