OT Author query

Wed Jul 31 21:37:21 EDT 2002

To all my Australian friends--okay, to everyone:  A woman in my reading
group told me about this author she's just discovered.  His name is Arthur
William Upfield, he is (was) Australian, and the series she's reading is
about a half-Aborigine inspector named Napoleon Bonaparte.  She says she
likes it mainly because all the books are set in different parts of
Australia and it's like exploring the whole continent.  The information I
read, in researching the books, made it sound like Upfield was the best
Australian mystery writer ever (actually those are the exact words).  So I
was wondering if any of you have read the books and what you thought of
them.  Because he wrote so long ago, and has been dead for forty years, it's
hard to find the series here...and of course the ones I did find had the
oh-so-helpful Alphabetical List of Titles rather than the series order.
Thank you, I actually do know how to alphabetize....

Melissa Proffitt