I Capture the Castle (was Re: F&H, Garner and False Messengers)

Wed Jul 31 14:07:43 EDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:26:17 -0500, Nat Case wrote:

>Thanks for the recommendations for "I Capture the Castle" by Dodie
>Smith. Just spent a lovely weekend in Thunder Bay, Ontario on
>holiday, reading that and Connie Willis' "Bellwether." Lots of fun.
>Castle echoed to me as half way between Austen and Dean. Does this
>seem fair to folks?

Nat, I have to say that sounds exactly right.  I'd never even thought about
it before.  In fact, she captures (heh) exactly what I love about Dean
without any of the things that I dislike.  Thanks for this comment.

Melissa Proffitt
who is beginning to feel the first stirrings of a desire to read again

Oh, and had anyone heard that a movie of the book is underway?  Of course my
melted brain has forgotten who is starring in it, because it's
someone...hmmm, Marc Blucas from "Buffy" and Henry Thomas from "E.T." and a
bunch of other people, but I found it looking for Buffy-stuff so there you
go.  Hooray for the Internet.  It's like having a supplemental brain.
Anyway, I don't know whether to be afraid or not....