F&H, Garner and False Messengers

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jul 31 13:55:42 EDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Kathleen Jennings wrote:

> reread Wolves of Willoughby Chase and think I have confused it with
> another book (in which there are wolves and a train ride, but the wolves
> have come to England through the channel tunnel - bells, anyone?).
Wolves coming to England through the channel tunnel is an occurrence in a
book later in the Wolves series, _Dido and Pa_. (_Wolves of Willoughby
Chase_, _Black Hearts in Battersea_, _Nightbirds on Nantucket_, _The
Stolen Lake_, _The Cuckoo Tree_, _Dido and Pa_, _Is Underground_, in
approximate order, with _Dangerous Games_ written most recently but coming
between _The Stolen Lake_ and _The Cuckoo Tree_. Is it just me, or do the
books get more and more creepy and bloodthirsty, while still maintaining a
"children are people too, so it's not okay to oppress and murder
them" message?)