New Convert in the Family!

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 20:56:21 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,
             I've been quiet recently as I've
been sweating blood over a piece of fiction for
another list (not fanfic). It seemed to dominate
my life for weeks and in the end was only 15K,
bah.

Anyhow the new convert is my nephew, Aidan (aged
8, living in Burma). I sent him a copy of
Magicians of Caprona. His Mum has been reading it
to him. My brother said he's decided he likes it
and they've got The Lives of Christopher Chant
from the library (that's in Essex, they're home
for a bit). Apparently Aidan had some trouble
with the vocabulary and names, Pete wrote

<It's taken a bit of time but
he can get his tongue around the names now.
Interestingly, one complaint of
our Myanmar pupils about Harry Potter is that
they find the names difficult.>

=====
Ven