OT De Lint

Sat Jul 13 00:43:23 EDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:21:58 +0100, Ania wrote:

>I am a fairly recent convert to De Lint and have only read The Little
>Country so far. It wasn't bad, although the utterly perfect main characters
>were a tad annoying (admittedly, they got a little less perfect later on in
>the book). But I do want to read more; any suggestions/recommendations?

I can't add much to what's already been said.  I strongly prefer his short
fiction collected in _Dreams Underfoot_, _Ivory and Horn_, and _Moonlight
and Vines_.  And what looks like another one, _Waifs and Strays_, but I
can't tell from the one quick glance whether it's new material or reprints,
coming out in a few months.  There's another one due in November called
_Tapping the Dream Tree_ that's a Newford collection.  I don't like his
novels as much, but of the novels, _Trader_ is probably my favorite.  The
others tend to blur together in my mind for some reason.  I generally don't
like short stories, but I love his so much that I always resent his novels
for not being short stories.  Maybe.

Melissa Proffitt