OT De Lint

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 12 09:49:59 EDT 2002

> I am a fairly recent convert to De Lint and have only read The Little
> Country so far. It wasn't bad, although the utterly perfect main
characters
> were a tad annoying (admittedly, they got a little less perfect later on
in
> the book). But I do want to read more; any suggestions/recommendations?
> Thanks,
> Ania

_Moonheart_ was the first book of his I read, and it's excellent. The
sequel, _Spiritwalk_, is not quite as good. I agree with you about _The
Little Country_--it was good but not brilliant (though I know people who
really love it). I enjoyed _Yarrow_ very much, and I've read some of his
short stories, but my favourite novel of his is _Memory and Dream_.  I love
the characters (some of whom appear in his later short stories) and the
deeply emotional part they play in the plot.

Ros